You know, those broads that will complain about the lack of quality black men in the world, but in the same breath dismiss a brother for not driving a BMW. That sista that claims to want a good man, but won't date the guy from the gym cause he doesn't make enough.
Yeah. I hate those hoes.
Unfortunately, I think I may have turned into one when I wasn't paying attention.
I just joined a new personals site, in an effort to see what kinda talent resides in the state I'll be moving to. After chatting/speaking with 3 dudes that turned out to be booty hounds, I got to thinking about Alex. And Tristan. And Darrell. Guys that were good men, but I vetoed it for some reason. Ironically, the 3 I just named had the same issue: they were TOO ATTENTIVE. (I just mentally bish -slapped myself for even typing it) I remember Tristan would often just stare at me. I said that I was beautiful, and he just liked looking at me. It creeped me out! I'm like "dude, stop STARING at me!" And Darrell was a little odd, but a good brotha nonetheless. I do truly believe that Alex and I are better as friends, which is evidenced by the fact that he has a new GF and they are moving in together this weekend. SIGH. (I'm not hating. I'm not. Okay, maybe just a teeny tiny bit.)
My point is, the very thing I keep saying that I'm looking for has crossed my path more than once, and I found some reason to let it go. Its funny, the very thing that irked me in those relationships is what I want most right now. To be wanted, desired--not in a sexual way, but in a genuine "I think you are gorgeous and I just wanna stare at you all day" way.
Man, GOD has a ratchet ass sense of humor.

Your profile on that personals site needs to change. You need to use your intellect to scare off the hounds. Use a few polysyllabic words, which will intimidate lesser men. In other words, be a smart ass! Dumb men can't bear smart ass women! Okay, that gets rid of the fools!
ReplyDeleteUse your profile to show off your wit and wisdom. Express yourself however you want. Let every aspect of your imagination run free. Eventually, someone will 'get' your personality just by reading your profile, and will want the personality, not just the body.