Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Truth Hurts

Welp, I've been slipping on my weight loss. I could see it, I could feel it in how my clothes fit, and I knew it in my heart of hearts.
All that being said, it still hurt to HEAR it (or read it in my case).
Basically, I'm in a new relationship, and my BF said (typed) that he is not attracted to full figured women.
WOW. I mean, damn son. Twist the knife a little deeper whydontcha!?! :(
Now, before we go all She Woman Man Haters on him, he didn't want to tell me. I MADE him come clean. And I can truthfully say that I have issues with men that are heavyset or have what I consider to be "unhealthy" attributes (Man boobs--NO BUENO), so I can't be mad. Honestly, he's probably the first guy to be real with me about it.
Most men in the African American community either embrace heavier women ("mo cushion fo da pushin' or "only a dog wants a bone") or they just don't say what they are thinking for fear that they will have to face the wrath of a sista's tongue. We can be MAD evil when provoked. (Y'all know I'm telling the truth!)
And as I said, I KNEW I needed to get back on it. I'm hoping his admission is the final kick in the pants I need to make it happen!
P.S. No, I didn't break up with him. Shoot, any man that's willing to speak his mind to a sista, damb the consequences? Shoot, he might be a keeper! LOL

1 comment:

  1. All I could think when I read your comment is dag.....I feel you. I think that its messed up that he has that fear because he may mess around and be single off of a comment or belief like that. But ok... and just like you said... I admire the fact that he told you the truth. Geez, that's a hard one! Should you get offended or should you let it go? I'm not gonna lie, being offended sticks out the most because he obviously likes you the way you are because you're together. And lets be real, the longer you're together, the more that doesn't matter as much anyway....So I guess I'm going with the whole Waiting to Exhale man-hating thing :) lmao....

    Check me out also: http://msurbanmiss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods